The city of Chicopee is seeking a qualified, skilled, and knowledgeable individual to fulfill the duties in the position of Water Superintendent.
This is a professional, environmental and administrative position with oversight and responsibility for the operation of the municipal public drinking water system, drinking water treatment plant and staff. Considerable amount of information gathering and timely report writing is essential.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, civil engineering, or closely related discipline
- Candidates with an associate’s degree in science and specialized training and experience in water systems operations will be considered
- Experience and specialized training in public water systems operation, construction, engineering or a closely related field with knowledge of OSHA regulations and requirements
- Eight years of progressive responsibility and experience in the water works field, (water production, distribution, and water supply facility maintenance, construction and the installation of water mains and axillary water infrastructure)
- Candidates should have a Massachusetts GRADE 4C or 4D license as an Operator issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Certification of Operators of Drinking Water Supply Facilities or will earn either license, within a time frame as established by the city
- Requires and/or will earn a Massachusetts GRADE 2T license as an Operator issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Operators of Drinking Water Supply Facilities within a time frame as established by the city
- Requires a valid Class D Massachusetts Driver’s License
The compensation for this position is $90,241.29 per year.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Paul Winspeare, Human Resources Generalist @ 413-594-1483.