The town of Needham is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full-time position of Administrative Analyst. Under the general supervision of the Director of Administration and Finance/Public Services, the Administrative Analyst will perform administrative duties in support of the department operations, including customer service, secretarial responsibilities, office administrative and bookkeeping functions, and support to various town committees and special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Provide primary support in the development, submission, administration of the Department’s operating and capital budgets to ensure accuracy, appropriateness, compliance and effectiveness of budge documents for review and approval with the Director ensuring accuracy, appropriateness, compliance and effectiveness of budget documents
- Administer the operating and capital budget on on-going basis
- Oversee the administrative aspects of purchasing, including preparation of specifications, coordination of bidding procedures, and monitoring contact performance
- Supervise staff in the Administrative Division which may include but not be limited to: accounts payable, payroll, utility billing, accounts receivable, customer service, communications, and website support
- Conduct policy research on issues affecting the department so as to make recommendations and explain conditions to management
- Prepare and edit reports for internal and external distribution
- Compile data and prepare statistical analysis and reports
- Manage software products used to assist with operational data collection and processes
To be considered for the position, applicants must have at least:
- Proficiency with word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- General knowledge equivalent to a minimum of three to four years of college
- Two to three years of purchasing/financial/accounting or similar administrative experience in program management, research, or related field
To apply send a cover letter and resume to HR@needhamma.gov by July 9.