Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
Attleboro Retirement Board Job Posting
Salary Range $45,000-$54,000 Depending on Qualifications
POSITION: Administrative Bookkeeper
Reports to: Retirement Board Executive Director
Summary of Responsibilities: Under the general supervision of the Executive Director (E.D) performs administrative and operational functions in accordance with policies set by the Attleboro Contributory Retirement Board in accordance with Chapter 32 and related laws. Communicates with the membership, vendors and consultants verbally and in writing.
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of record maintenance and review
• Provide information to members regarding their retirement rights and benefits
• Attend educational meetings/seminars as required or directed by the E.D.
• Calculation of retirement benefits
• Assist with the preparation of the systems financial reporting obligations to PERAC including the Annual Statement
• Prepare yearly member financial statements, 1099R’s and end of year data entry procedures, including journal entries
• Maintain member and retiree data base and records, prepare new member files, enter into data base, request transfer of funds, follow through with transfers and other pertinent details
• Prepare and process staff, retiree, refund, and transfer checks
• Prepare expense and payroll warrants
• Maintain records including, but not limited to, filing and archiving retirement system documents and records
• Perform all other duties as assigned related to the administration and/or operational function of the Attleboro Retirement System
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Two years of accounting/bookkeeping experience or post-secondary degree in related field
• Proficiency with data base systems and spreadsheets
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software and word processing
• Outstanding interpersonal skills including strong oral and written communication skills
Preference will be given to the candidate that has:
• Working knowledge of Chapter 32 retirement system requirements
• Related experience in public retirement systems and/or benefits administration or municipal finance
WORKING CONDITIONS – Office setting with:
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
• Ability to perform administrative duties, typing, filing, bending over to low files, reaching high files
• Ability to sit for extended time periods
• Ability to express and exchange ideas by means of written and spoken word
• Ability to work independently and problem solve
WORK SCHEDULE: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
EQUIPMENT USED: Telephone, photocopier, fax, computer, printer, calculator, scanners, and others equipment as required
STARTING SALARY: Negotiable depending on qualifications. Benefits include health, dental and life insurance, retirement and paid time off.
The Attleboro Contributory Retirement System is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please provide a resume and letter of interest by March 21, 2019 to :
Attleboro Retirement Board
77 Park St.
Attleboro, MA 02703
Late applications may be considered.