Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
Under the direction of the City Attorney, the Second Assistant City Attorney shall assist the City Attorney in the performance of the duties of the office, including collection matters and tax title foreclosures; drafting of ordinances; representation of the city in Court, particularly in the Land Court and Federal Court and before administrative tribunals; and shall perform such other duties as may be assigned by the City Attorney. In addition to the foregoing general duties, the Second Assistant City Attorney shall, under the direction of the mayor, serve as labor relations counsel pursuant to section 6.5 of the City Charter, and shall represent the city in collective bargaining negotiations, and in all matters relating to labor relations.
• Law degree, admission to Massachusetts Bar required
• Excellent writing, and organizational skills
• Seven plus years’ municipal law and litigation experience preferred. (Preference will be given to candidates with labor law experience, collective bargaining experience, civil service, civil rights law experience, federal court trial experience, industrial accident, land use law, education law, MCAD experience, and experience before state and federal administrative tribunals.)
• Computer proficiency is desirable.
• Bilingual (English / Spanish) candidates encouraged to apply.
Apply to http://www.cityoflawrence.com/Jobs.aspx