Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The city of Methuen seeks a Chief Information Officer to head its city and school departments.
Responsible for effective and efficient management of the city of Methuen’s information technology department operations, resources, projects, and contracts, including the school department, while leading the planning, organization, and execution of all IT activities to successfully meet the goals and needs of the city.
General Duties: •Support, manage and maintain all citywide network infrastructure, hardware and software. • Provide vision in the strategic direction, implementation, and management of the city’s information technology (IT) program. • Provide leadership, technical knowledge and project oversight for all IT infrastructure and security projects (network, servers, telecommunication systems, desktops, security, SAS providers, etc.). • Identifies, budgets, plans, implements, optimizes, and supports IT infrastructure and security needs, upgrades and renewals to ensure the city’s network, telecommunications, and servers meet organizational goals and daily operational needs.
• Ensure the effective and efficient management of departmental operations, resources, technology projects and contracts • Develop, document and administer best practices and security policies and make recommendations regarding response to changes in industry standards. • Develop and maintain the Information Technology Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan. • Develop plans and programs for acquisition; oversees procurement, installation, and achievement of operational status. • Establish strategic planning of long-term goals and objectives, while monitoring and researching trends in information technology to develop forward-thinking strategies to achieve goals. • Oversee, advise and support appropriate professional staff, contributing to their development and effective performance. • Direct and prioritize assignments and workload of subordinates ensuring that IT operates within documented schedules and exceeds end user expectations. • Identifies knowledge and skills gaps within the department and citywide and develops appropriate training plans. • Oversees measurement and reporting of IT systems’ reliability, performance, security, and business value.
Minimum Qualifications: • Required bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field; master’s preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in information systems management at a senior level, with at least five years of experience working with executive level personnel, preferably in a municipal setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in an organized, accurate and efficient manner.
• Established problem solver with effective management and public relation skills.
• Demonstrated experience in IT strategic planning, organization design and development.
• Proven ability to be effective in driving business, culture, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
• Demonstrated success with team leadership and experience in developing, coaching, mentoring and reinforcing team members in line with organizational mission, vision, values, goals and performance standards.
Salary Range: $120K-$140K
Submit City of Methuen employment application to: City of Methuen, HR Department, Room 206, 41 Pleasant Street, Methuen, MA 01844 or email to HumanResources@cityofMethuen.net. Subject Line to Read: CIO.
The city of Methuen is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and service provider. Any person who needs assistance in fully participating in the application process should contact: Lisa Crowley, Dir. of Human Resources, at 978-983-8576 or LCrowley@ci.methuen.ma.us
Apply by: October 1, 2021 (or until filled)
For a full job description visit: CityofMethuen.net