Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
CITY OF FALL RIVER
One Government Center
Fall River, MA 02722
The city of Fall River seeks a qualified candidate to direct and manage the operations of the city under the direction and supervision of the Mayor, including management and oversight of all city departments, Grant Writer and coordination of special projects. The City Administrator is responsible for the implementation of all policy set by the Mayor as the Chief Executive Officer of the City.
The duties to be performed by the City Administrator, pursuant to delegation from and direction of the Mayor, shall include, but not be limited to:
• Serve as chief administrative and managerial officer of the city, directing all departments and managing the daily operations of the municipality
• Review and sign all warrants, contracts, budget and financial orders, and all obligating or payment documents, or other documents requiring the Mayor’s signature to be executed by city departments or other agencies
• Monitor the budget, performance, and activities of the School Department, so as to assist and advise the Mayor in his capacity as Chair of the School Committee;
• Direct the preparation and implementation of the city’s capital and operating budgets, by analyzing, monitoring and assessing of budgetary and programmatic performance, of municipal programs, and conduct internal audit of programs and departments for efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness
• Ensure the fiscal security and programmatic integrity of the city’s enterprise funds
• Provide executive direction to the labor relations and collective bargaining functions
• Impound funds that are surplus to the needs of departments
• Issue Administrative Orders providing for the standard operating procedures of municipal government;
• Propose reorganizations of departments, as appropriate
• Involved in the hiring, termination, and discipline employees in accordance with delegations of authority;
• Represent the Mayor and/or city in various official fora
• Represent the Administration at meetings of the City Council and, as required, at School Committee and other commission or board meetings
• Re-delegate authority in with the Mayor’s original delegation of authority
• Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Mayor
• Master’s degree preferred from an accredited university in business, finance, public administration, business management or a related field
• Five to seven years of executive management experience, which includes responsibilities for operations, budgeting and managing personnel
• Requires direct years of service as a municipal or town administrator or manager
• A working knowledge of government finance with proven experience in administering budgets
• Possesses high-level communication skills
• The appointing authority may waive certain qualifications by evaluating relevant professional work experience
Salary range $140,000 to $180,000 (contract position)
A complete job description of the City Administrator’s position can be obtained by visiting https://www.fallriverma.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/City-Administrator-Job-Description.pdf
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to Madeline Coelho, Human Resources Director, One Government Center, Fall River, MA 02722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until position is filled