Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
Portsmouth, NH is a full-service community with 800 full-time employees and a $113M budget.
Expected Experience, Characteristics and Traits:
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in political science, business administration or related field. A master’s degree in public administration is preferred.
• A minimum of five years progressively responsible municipal experience in a community of similar size and complexity.
• Extensive knowledge of municipal operations and general practices.
• Strong leadership skills, open and honest communication, an approachable collaborative style and significant success in building effective relationships.
• Strong financial, budget, human resources and labor relations experience.
• Strong knowledge and skill related to Community Engagement, Sustainability and Smart Cities, the Arts, and Capital Improvements Planning.
• A strong customer service orientation.
• Experience in strategic planning, project management and complex problem solving, ability to work effectively in a wide variety of governmental disciplines.
• Excellent communication skills, public relations skills, and an understanding of the importance of community engagement through social media platforms.
• A collaborative leader who values the input of all stakeholders.
Salary is $160,000 to $185,000 DOQ, with excellent benefits. Submit resume, cover letter, and five professional references by August 16 to Joellen J. Cademartori, CEO, GovHR USA, LLC – www.GovHRjobs.com.