Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
– Delivers food service-related supplies, equipment and daily bank deposits
– Maintains an organized inventory of food service disposable goods and chemicals in the storage area according to Board of Health requirements
– Moves limited food service canned, dry/frozen goods and produce within the system as approved by the Board of Health following food service operating procedures
– Delivers food service disposable goods to all schools every two weeks and on an as needed daily basis
– Submits a written inventory to the food service office on a monthly basis for financial record keeping
– Transports materials and supplies to both school and town facilities as needed
– May be required to make special trips to deliver items needed on short notice or for special functions
– Pick up, deliver and sort all in-coming and out-going mail from USPO
– Pick up, deliver and sort all interoffice correspondences as scheduled on a daily basis
– Responsible for opening the Millennium building on a daily basis
– Responsible for snow removal and ice treatment of entrances at the Millennium building during the winter season and as needed
– Keeps food service/transportation vehicle in a clean and sanitary condition to prevent any cross contamination to food
– Maintains daily mileage and gas records and reports any and all mechanical or physical problems with vehicle to the Director of Facilities
– Obeys all traffic laws and observes mandatory safety regulations
– Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
– High school diploma or GED equivalent
– One to three months related experience and/or training
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and understand/carry out oral and written instructions
– Ability to interact well and deal effectively with coworkers, supervisors, staff, students and the general public
CERTIFICATION: Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve month work year – 19 hours/week.
WORKING HOURS: Shifts are alternating weeks. Week A / Week B. One part-time courier will work one full week and have the other week off – 38 Hours Week A / 0 Hours Week B.
Pay rate $17.72/hr