Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The Secretary/Minutes Clerk will assist the Committee Chair with the following:
1. Taking and preparation of meeting minutes and other Committee documentation, as needed;
2. Working with the Committee Chair to organize and post meeting agendas;
3. Maintaining the Committee section of the town website;
4. Monitoring Committee email;
5. Compliance with open meeting and public records laws;
6. As otherwise required.
The Secretary/Minutes Clerk will attend all Committee meetings, generally held on Mondays at 7 p.m. at the Town Hall (currently via Zoom). From January through May the meetings may be weekly, with additional meetings less frequently throughout the rest of the year. The Secretary/Minutes Clerk will also attend the Annual Town Meeting. Applicants should be responsible, reliable and proficient in relevant computer skills. Experience with preparation of minutes preferred. Laptop computer required.
HOURS: As needed to perform duties outlined above.
STARTING SALARY: Hiring Range: $18.26/Hr. to $21.49/Hr.
Please email letter of interest with current resume to email@example.com or mail them to Town of Topsfield c/o Debi Morong, 8 West Common St., Topsfield, MA 01983
Please call Debi Morong, in the Town Administrator’s Office at 978-887-1500 ext. 1 if additional information is required.