Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The town of Millbury is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Finance Director. Under the appointment and general direction of the Town Manager, the Finance Director serves as a member of the senior management team. The Finance Director is responsible for providing administrative direction and management of the Finance Department, including Accounting, Treasury, and Tax Collecting, Assessing, Information Systems, and serves as the Chief Financial Officer.
• Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, finance, or a related field; and five years’ experience as a municipal Finance Director or an equivalent combination of comparable experience and education.
• Significant knowledge and experience in Massachusetts Municipal Finance Laws and Massachusetts General Laws is strongly preferred.
• Massachusetts Municipal Auditors’ and Accountants’ Association (MMAAA) certification preferred at hiring or within one year of hiring.
• Massachusetts Certified Public Purchasing Official (MCPPO) within one year of hire.
• Designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is strongly preferred, but not required.
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume with three professional references to: Human Resources Department, Town of Millbury, 127 Elm St., Millbury, Massachusetts 01527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. AA/EOE