Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The city of Fall River, Mayor’s Office has the following vacancy:
Title: Grant Writer
Salary: Up to $70,000 annually, depending on experience
The city of Fall River is seeking candidates for the position of Grant Writer. The person in this position identifies funding opportunities and prepares (independently or as part of a team) and submits grant applications to local government agencies and institutions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, or a related field; three to five years of experience in grant writing and grants management (pre- and post-award) with a minimum of five successful grant applications.
• Experience with business writing and editing; strong communication skills.
• Ability to follow complex sets of instructions; strong attention to detail is a must.
• Experience in interviewing, researching and compiling information from many sources; experience setting priorities, organizing and managing diverse activities.
• Experience in MS Office, Word, Excel and using the Internet.
• Ability to use a variety of federal, state, and foundation online application systems for preparation and submission of grant applications.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to develop project budgets; expertise in manipulating, analyzing and interpreting data to build a case.
(A complete job description can be obtained by contacting Human Resources)
Interested candidates please submit a letter of intent, employment application and resume to:
Madeline Coelho, Director of Human Resources,
One Government Center, Fall River, MA 02722 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org Posting will remain open until position is filled
Equal Opportunity Employer