Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission, serving 40 communities in Southern Worcester County, seeks an experienced, innovative, and team-oriented professional energy and facilities planner at a level commensurate with experience to join its multi-disciplinary Regional Collaboration and Community Planning staff. This department provides a broad spectrum of support and technical services, including energy and environmental planning; regional and municipal services; community and economic development planning; open space and recreation planning; zoning bylaw and subdivision regulation writing and technical assistance; master and open space planning; and a variety of grant writing and administrative services.
CMRPC continues to grow its municipal services capabilities and seeks a high-quality candidate to help expand its capacity and range of capabilities. The selected candidate will assist member communities through planning and grant writing/grant management for municipal facilities and related green energy and accessibility topics. Topics may include energy efficiency planning, energy use data collection and reporting, planning for compliance with federal and state handicapped access regulations (primarily ADA and 521 CMR), facilities needs assessments, capital planning, facility siting studies, and facility reuse studies.
Desired qualifications include:
• A master’s degree with three to five years or a bachelor’s degree with five to seven years of relevant and progressively responsible experience, is highly desirable.
• Knowledge and experience with the Massachusetts Green Communities Designation & Grant Program
• Previous experience with facilities planning and/or management, including an understanding of handicapped access regulations
• Familiarity with the Community Development Block Grant program
• Excellent communication skills including writing and speaking are a must.
• Strong candidates will possess project management skills, organizational skills, and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
• Practical knowledge and understanding of current and emerging housing planning, economic development, municipal and regional service, transportation planning, and energy and environmental planning is also highly desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in community engagement, workshop facilitation, outreach skills are highly encouraged.
• Resource development and project administration skills are desired.
Starting salary range $57,000 to $75,000 depending upon qualifications and experience. In addition to competitive compensation, CMRPC offers a great work environment and an excellent benefits package.
If you can bring energy, expertise, and a strong work ethic to CMRPC in this capacity, please submit your resume, three professional references, and a cover letter stating your qualifications by Friday, August 23rd, 2019, to Janet Pierce, Executive Director, c/o CMRPC, One Mercantile Street, Worcester, MA 01608 or email email@example.com
CMRPC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religious creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran’s status and/or ancestry.