Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
Regional Planner – Regional Collaboration and Community Planning
The Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission, serving 40 communities in Southern Worcester County, seeks an experienced, innovative, and team-oriented professional land use planner at a Principal Planner level to join its multi-disciplinary Regional Collaboration and Community Planning staff. This division provides a broad spectrum of support and technical services, including community and economic development planning; energy and environmental planning; open space and recreation planning; zoning bylaw and subdivision regulation writing and technical assistance; master and open space planning; and a variety of grant writing and administrative services.
CMRPC is continuing to grow its community planning practice to ensure the efficient and timely delivery of high-quality municipal services particularly with regard to emerging municipal land use, permitting, and zoning concerns.
• A master’s degree with five to seven years or a bachelor’s degree with seven to nine years of relevant and progressively responsible experience, is highly desirable. AICP certification is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with Massachusetts land use regulatory environment and zoning, particularly Massachusetts General Law Chapter 40A, is essential.
• Excellent communication skills including writing and speaking are a must.
• Strong candidates will possess project management skills, organizational skills, and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
• Practical knowledge and understanding of current and emerging housing planning, economic development, municipal and regional service, transportation planning, and energy and environmental planning is also highly desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in community engagement, workshop facilitation, outreach skills are highly encouraged.
• Resource development and project administration skills are desired.
• Starting salary range $57,000 to $75,000 depending upon qualifications and experience.
In addition to competitive compensation, CMRPC offers a great work environment and an excellent benefits package.
If you can bring energy, expertise, and a strong work ethic to CMRPC in this capacity, please submit your resume, three professional references, and a cover letter stating your qualifications by Friday, August 23, to Janet Pierce, Executive Director, c/o CMRPC, One Mercantile St., Suite 520, Worcester, MA 01608 or email email@example.com
CMRPC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religious creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran’s status and/or ancestry.