Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
Position does not require Mass. Wastewater Operators license
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Performs all preventive and corrective maintenance on all plant equipment.
• Consults Superintendent regarding preventive maintenance program.
• Inspects plant and mechanical equipment for malfunctions and needed repairs.
• Keep maintenance records on all repairs and preventive maintenance tasks.
• Shall be capable of using and maintaining all tools and equipment used in the department.
• Shall be familiar with all safety equipment used in the department.
• Is required to keep all electrical equipment such as motors, generators, motor starters, etc. in
• Willingness to fill in and be involved with plant operations when needed.
• This individual is under the supervision of the Superintendent and the Asst. Superintendent.
• 40 hrs. per week, emergency overtime.
EDUCATION: High school or trade school education or equivalent training or experience
a) Ability and knowledge to supervise and participate in maintenance of mechanical equipment,
buildings, structures and grounds.
b) Knowledge of processes and equipment involved in Wastewater Treatment, compost operation,
sewer system and pump stations.
Applications and resume submissions will be received via email to email@example.com or at the Town Manager’s Office/Human Resources, REF: Sewer Mechanic, Academy Building, 66 Central Square – 2nd floor, Bridgewater, MA 02324.
(No Phone Calls) Open until filled
The town of Bridgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.