Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission (CMRPC) is seeking a mid-level Transportation Data Analyst/Planner with high-level ArcGIS and analytical skills to join its transportation planning team. CMRPC serves 40 communities in southern Worcester County, with a population of about 500,000. CMRPC provides services in roadway, transit and bicycle/pedestrian planning, technical assistance in land use and community development, homeland security assistance, GIS, and grant administration.
Job duties include:
• Develop various plans, studies and analysis for transit planning focus areas.
• Analyzing transit and roadway datasets using advanced database and GIS methodologies.
• Creating and working with various data layers and databases; integrating data from various software packages and providing GIS outputs.
• Create data analysis support tools to support various transit and transportation grant programs.
• Working with staff and public officials to develop data-driven solutions to specific transportation problems.
The preferred candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
• Experience in transportation planning, especially in areas of transit planning required.
• Experience with MPO planning a plus.
• Conduct planning analysis using transportation planning procedures, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and other tools.
• High-level proficiency with ArcGIS and databases is required and transportation planning packages is a plus.
• Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports and non-technical letters and memos.
• Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to make presentations, work with state and local officials to address specific transportation problems, and facilitate discussions at committee meetings.
• Problem solving skills, ability to research, and ability to learn new software are required.
• Inter-personal skills to work with other members of a planning team, including developing consensus on solutions, facilitating public participation, and implementing action plans.
Minimum: master’s degree in urban/transportation planning, or civil/transportation engineering preferred with minimum of three years’ experience or bachelor’s degree with five years’ experience in transportation planning. Salary $45,000-$57,000, commensurate with experience. Competitive fringe benefits. Send resume and cover letter by Feb. 28 to Sujatha Krishnan, Deputy Director of Transportation, CMRPC, One Mercantile St., Suite 520, Worcester, MA 01608, or email firstname.lastname@example.org AA/EEO. CMRPC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, or disability in employment or the provision of services.