Experienced Transportation Data Analyst/Planner
The Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission (CMRPC) is seeking a self-motivated, mid-level Transportation Data Analyst/Planner with high-level database, ArcGIS, and analytical skills to join its transportation planning team. CMRPC serves 40 communities in southern Worcester County, with a population of about 500,000. CMRPC provides services in roadway and transit planning, technical assistance in land use, homeland security assistance, GIS, and grant administration.
Job duties include:
- Analyzing roadway & transit datasets using advanced database and GIS methodologies.
- Creating and Working with various data layers and databases; integrating data from various software packages and providing GIS outputs.
- Developing analysis and plans for various transportation planning focus areas, including coordination of planning activities that involve the integration of roadway and transit concerns with land use, economic development, and environmental concerns.
- Working with staff and public officials to develop data-driven solutions to specific transportation problems.
The preferred candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Perform analytical analysis of data sets, particularly with regard to roadway and transit.
- Technical expertise in transportation planning analysis and study management; particularly in safety and Operations and Management analysis.
- Conduct planning analysis using transportation planning procedures, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and other tools.
- High-level proficiency with ArcGIS and databases is required and transportation planning packages is a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports and non-technical letters and memos.
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to make presentations, work with state and local officials to address specific transportation problems, and facilitate discussions at committee meetings.
- Problem solving skills, ability to research, and ability to learn new software are required.
- Inter-personal skills to work with other members of a planning team, including developing consensus on solutions, facilitating public participation, and implementing action plans.
Minimum bachelor’s degree in urban/transportation planning, or civil/transportation engineering preferred with minimum of three to five years experience in transportation planning. Salary $47,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience. Competitive fringe benefits. Send resume and cover letter by April 19, 2019 to Sujatha Krishnan, Transportation Program Manager, CMRPC, One Mercantile St., Suite 520, Worcester, MA 01608, or email firstname.lastname@example.org AA/EEO. CMRPC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, or disability in employment or the provision of services.