Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The Townsend Water Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Water Operations Foreman.
• This position requires the ability to comprehend and issue written and oral instructions and effectively work with co-workers as a team while supervising and overseeing the work, to establish and maintain a healthy, effective working relationship with co-workers, town employees and officials, and contractors. The applicant must possess excellent social skills to effectively communicate with the public in a courteous, respectful manner.
• Applicants must possess a Grade 2 Massachusetts certified Drinking Water license in distribution, and a Grade 1 Massachusetts certified Drinking Water license in treatment.
• Applicants must possess a valid class D drivers license.
• Possession of a class 2B hydraulics license is highly preferred.
• Must have thorough knowledge of Massachusetts Drinking Water Regulations, construction techniques, the use and operation of all tools and equipment necessary in the operation, maintenance, repair, and treatment of a public water supply distribution system.
• Applicants must have thorough knowledge of water quality monitoring and sampling of a public water system.
• Applicants are preferred to have a minimum of eight years experience in the public water supply field.
• Applicants must have a high dchool diploma or equivalent GED.
• This is a full-time 40 hr./wk. position. Under the direction of the Superintendent this position requires performing administrative and supervisory work in connection with the operation, maintenance, treatment, and repair of the water distribution system. While frequently assisting, provide direction and oversight to operation staff, and perform a variety of skilled manual and technical work. Shall oversee construction projects, service and main installations and repairs for adherence to Water Department specifications, rules and regulations. Must participate in on-call rotation to respond to emergencies after hours including weekends and holidays. Must live within a 30 minute commute for response to emergencies. Applicants must have thorough knowledge of maintaining and recording inventory of materials and supplies. The position is a union position including benefits. The hourly wage range is $26.94 – $33.64. The applicant must be physically able to work in extreme weather conditions. The position requires a General knowledge in operating computers and working with word and excel. Applications can be obtained at the Water Department office located at 540 Main St. in West Townsend or the Treasurer’s office located at Memorial Hall (Town Hall) 272 Main St. Townsend. Applications can also be emailed upon request. To request an application please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
The town Of Townsend is an equal opportunity employer.
The deadline for accepting applications is 2 p.m. Feb. 8.