|Massachusetts Municipal Personnel Association
One Winthrop Square, Boston, MA 02110
Phone: (617) 426-7272 Fax: (617) 695-1314
Welcome, Personnel Administrators!
The Massachusetts Municipal Personnel Association (MMPA), established in 1956, is committed to maintaining a standard of excellence in the field of municipal personnel administration. The MMPA provides professional guidance to more than 200 cities and towns throughout Massachusetts. Areas of expertise include municipal compensation and benefits; Chapter 31 procedures (Civil Service legislation); collective bargaining; affirmative action; and training.
The purpose of the MMPA is:
• To establish and maintain a standard of excellence in the field of municipal personnel administration
• To gather, circulate and exchange knowledge and information and to act as a resource center
• To improve, promote and arrange for the mutual cooperation of municipal personnel officers and agencies in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• To act as a legislative advocate for municipal personnel officers and municipal personnel agencies.
• Access the MMPA Web-based Compensation Survey System
• Download MMPA Web-Based Compensation Survey System User Guide (1.6M PDF)
MMPA officers for 2018
Chair: Mary Beth Bernard, assistant town manager, Foxborough
Vice chair: Vanessa Hale, assistant town administrator, Southborough
Treasurer: Richard Tranfaglia, human resources director, Natick
Secretary: Gayle Shattuck, personnel director, Watertown
Heather Budrewicz, town administrator, Ashburnham
Denise Casey, assistant town manager, Wilmington
Joanne Faust, human resources director, Burlington
Amy Foley, human resources director, Concord
Candace Hall, human resources director, Andover
Francis Lynam, town administrator, Whitman
Michelle Pizzi, human resources director, Norwood
Jane Sakiewicz, personnel director, Westfield
Upcoming meetings in fiscal 2018
For information about upcoming meetings, see the MMA Events calendar.
Here are some other popular features on the MMA website:
- The Labor and Personnel area of the Resource Library: documents about employee benefits, insurance, management, and more
- Community Corner: stories about what's happening in other cities and towns, including Mass Innovations stories from The Beacon
- Letters to State Leaders: MMA letters and testimony advocating for the interests of local government on key issues
- Municipal Marketplace: Vendors who specialize in municipal products and services, municipal job ads, and RFPs
Contact the MMPA
For more information about the Massachusetts Municipal Personnel Association, contact Member Services Coordinator Devon Elizabeth Williams at the MMA. Or use our convenient form to send a message to her directly.
|2018 MMPA Fall Conference registration form||03/22/2018|
|Contact the MMPA||10/16/2017|
|MMPA Annual Meeting registration form||04/30/2018|
|MMPA Emil Skop Award Information||09/28/2017|
|MMPA Listserv Protocol||05/23/2018|
|MMPA Membership Information||01/08/2006|
|MMPA sponsors Supervisory Leadership Development Program||06/19/2017|