MMA Annual Meeting and Trade Show
39th MMA Annual Meeting and Trade Show
January 19 and 20, 2018
Hynes Convention Center and Sheraton Boston Hotel
The MMA Annual Meeting and Trade Show is the largest regular gathering of Massachusetts local government officials. The two-day event features educational workshops, nationally recognized speakers, awards programs, a large trade show, and an opportunity to network with municipal officials from across the state.
• Online pre-registration for the 2018 MMA Annual Meeting is closed. On-site registration will be available for MMA members.
The MMA’s Annual Meeting is a great opportunity for local officials to:
• Learn about solutions to problems facing your community
• Meet people who can assist you with resources and ideas
• Learn about valuable products and services for cities and towns
• Attend programs that will strengthen your ability to lead and serve your community
The MMA Annual Meeting & Trade Show is held at the Hynes Convention Center and the Sheraton Boston Hotel in Boston’s scenic Back Bay.
The theme for the 2018 MMA Annual Meeting is “Together for a Stronger Future.”
• Download the official 2018 Annual Meeting and Trade Show brochure (3.6M PDF)
NOTE: The MMA has received reports that unofficial companies have been contacting exhibitors and attendees offering to make their hotel reservations for the Annual Meeting & Trade Show. The MMA has not contracted with any company to make your hotel room reservations, which must be made directly with the Sheraton Boston Hotel. Contact Karen LaPointe at the MMA with any questions or concerns.
For more Annual Meeting details, please use the menu to the left.
What members are saying about the MMA Annual Meeting…
“The MMA Annual Meeting is, bar none, the best networking opportunity for municipal officials in Massachusetts. It provides a great forum to discuss problem-solving scenarios and share ideas.”
– Thomas Hoye, Mayor, Taunton
“The MMA Annual Meeting offers many great workshops … and the networking is fun and worthwhile. The Trade Show has introduced us to new ideas we wouldn’t have taken advantage of otherwise. Basically, it’s all great!”
– Ellen Allen, Selectman, Norwell
“It is invaluable to discuss initiatives or programs that were successful, challenges that arose, and strategies that municipalities implemented to address community needs. I always look forward to attending this event and interacting with colleagues.”
– Julie Jacobson, Town Manager, Auburn
“Having hundreds of local officials from Massachusetts in the same room for two days allows you access to all of their ideas. … The workshops are where you learn the most and have the opportunity for Q&A. This opportunity is impactful.”
– Mike Zwirko, Councillor, Melrose
“The town’s management team that attends has an opportunity to get outside of the office, reflect on the status of goals, and brainstorm future objectives for consideration. … I think the greatest takeaway each year has been the ability to stay current with emerging issues and to obtain best practices on said issues.”
– Richard Tranfaglia, Human Resources Director, Natick