38th MMA Annual Meeting & Trade Show
January 20 & 21, 2017
Hynes Convention Center & Sheraton Boston Hotel
A central feature of the MMA Annual Meeting is the wide selection of workshops covering the latest developments affecting local government.
The 2017 MMA Annual Meeting features 20 workshops covering a range of legal, financial, economic development, social, environmental and technological issues important to local governments. In addition, there are lively discussions during three Emerging Issues Forums.
For full workshop details, click on the session time slot.
Friday session, 2-3:30 p.m.
• Bridges and Culverts: Repair, Replace, Reconstruct
• Developments and Initiatives in Municipal Finance
• District Management for Your Downtown Revitalization Effort
• Eight Minutes With a Highly Effective Manager
• Impact of Rising Health Care Costs on Municipalities
• Labor Law Update
• Recent Developments in Addressing the Opioid Crisis
• Succession Planning for Success
• Understanding and Managing Stress
• Water Infrastructure Funding Challenges
Saturday session, 2-3:30 p.m.
• Best Practices for Municipal Recycling and Waste Diversion Programs
• Conducting an Investigative Audit
• Getting IT Right: Reliability, Security and Managing Change
• Housing That Fits: Meeting the Needs of Your Community
• Maximize the Return on Your Investment in Workplace Safety
• Municipal Law Update
• Strategies for Advancing Municipal Transportation Projects
• Strategies in Municipal Emergency Management
• Successfully Navigating the JLMC Process
• Understanding Municipal Responsibilities Under the New Public Records Law
Emerging Issues Forums
Friday, 3:45-5:15 p.m.
• Climate Change: Adaptation and Mitigation in our Communities
• Community Policing 2.0: Public Safety and Public Responsibility
• Healthy Aging in the Commonwealth