39th MMA Annual Meeting & Trade Show
January 19 & 20, 2018
Hynes Convention Center & Sheraton Boston Hotel
A central feature of the MMA Annual Meeting is the wide selection of workshops covering the latest developments affecting local government.
The 2018 MMA Annual Meeting will feature 26 workshops covering a range of legal, financial, economic development, social, environmental and technological issues important to local governments.
Please note: Full workshop descrptions and panelists are not yet finalized.
Friday first session, 2-3:30 p.m.
• Best Practices for Veterans’ Services Programs
• Dealing With the Spillover Effects of the Opioid Epidemic
• Developments and Initiatives in Municipal Finance
• Inspire Engagement With a Citizens Academy
• Labor Law Update: Recent Cases and Agency Decisions
• Leading Locally on Economic Development
• Marijuana Law: The Way Forward for Municipalities
• Strategies for Managing Health Care Costs
• Using Municipal Cooperation to Improve Services and Achieve Savings
• Weathering Climate Change Through Preparation
Friday second session, 3:45-5 p.m.
• Addressing Off-Duty Misconduct in the Social Media Age
• Combatting Climate Change With Clean Energy
• Hiring and Training a Modern Police Force
• Not Just for Accountants: Know Your Chart of Accounts
• A Practical Approach to Mitigating Cybersecurity Risks
• Recruiting a Town Manager in Times of Change
• Strong Families Make Strong Communities
• Successful and Effective Land Use and Zoning Policies
Saturday session, 2-3:30 p.m.
• Boost Your Downtown With Better Parking Management
• Do’s and Don’ts of Municipal Social Media Policies
• Employment Liability Best Practices
• GFOA Award-Winning Budget Presentations and Best Practices
• Leading the Way to a Thriving Workplace
• Municipal Law Update
• New Public Works Project Strategies
• Your Role in Making Your Community Healthier