Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
MassRecycle’s 2019 Recycling Summit and Trade Show, focused on collaboration and solutions for Massachusetts recycling stakeholders, both public and private, will be held on March 25 at the Sheraton Framingham.
The summit will address questions such as:
• Has your city or town experienced unexpected increases in expenses for recycling?
• Do you have a plan to control costs, improve quality and educate the public?
• Do you have a strategy for negotiating with your hauler?
Two plenary sessions are titled “Contracts on Both Sides of the Equation” and “Quality Control – Education and Enforcement.”
Scheduled speakers include:
• Martin Suuberg, commissioner of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
• Geoff Beckwith, executive director of the MMA
• Gunther Wellenstein, solid waste/recycling coordinator for the city of Lowell
• Jim Nocella, public sector solutions manager for Waste Management Inc.
• Greg Cooper, deputy director of consumer programs at MassDEP
• Waneta Trabert, sustainable materials management director for the city of Newton
• Marissa Perez-Dormitzer, district recycling coordinator at the Greater New Bedford Regional Refuse Management District
• Brooke Nash, branch chief of the Municipal Waste Reduction Program at the MassDEP
The format fosters engaging discussion on the top issues affecting everyone in the industry (i.e., cost and quality). Attendees will all be in one room for the entire day, with plenty of opportunities to network.
The registration deadline is March 18 for the municipal official rate of $95. (Every Massachusetts municipality is a member of MassRecycle.) After that date, registration will be $120.
To view the agenda and to register, visit https://massrecycle.regfox.com/massrecycles-2019-recycling-summit-trade-show.
For more information, contact email@example.com.