Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the December 2023 issue of The Beacon, which includes the latest news affecting local government on topics including the MMA Annual Meeting & Trade Show, ARPA funding and numerous grant opportunities, coastal resilience and climate change, and upcoming MMA meetings and webinars.
Here are some highlights:
• Lt. Gov. Kim Driscoll to address MMA Annual Business Meeting
• State budget writers to hold revenue hearing on Dec. 4
• More MMA Annual Meeting details finalized
• Annual Meeting to feature 21 timely workshops
• Administration launches statewide coastal resilience strategy
• Conference committee takes up FY23 closeout supplemental budget
• Federal funds office provides support to municipalities
• ARPA deadline is one year away
• MMA webinar on Dec. 11 will discuss new CCC regulations
• MMA to present fiscal policy, climate resolutions at Annual Business Meeting
• Link to the December 2023 issue of The Beacon (33 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA publishes The Beacon digitally to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.