Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
During the COVID-19 emergency, timely and reliable information is more important than ever, and the facts are changing by the minute.
With this in mind, the MMA is publishing the January issue of The Beacon as a PDF, to ensure that we get the very latest information to members ASAP. Going to a digital format also means that we can continue this valuable service uninterrupted during this emergency period.
The first-ever PDF Beacon was published in April.
Here are some topic highlights in the January issue:
• New police reform law
• FY22 budget outlook
• CARES Act deadline extension
• Climate change bill
• Small business relief package
• Cybersecurity for municipalities
• State vaccine plan
• Member group webinars
• And much more
• Link to the January 2021 issue of The Beacon (1.8M PDF)
Previous online issues:
• December 2020 issue of The Beacon (2M PDF)
• November 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.7M PDF)
• October 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.4M PDF)
• September 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.4M PDF)
• Summer 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.6M PDF)
• June 2020 issue of The Beacon (834K PDF)
• May 2020 issue of The Beacon (834K PDF)
• April 2020 issue of The Beacon (859K PDF)