Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the November issue of The Beacon, which includes important updates about state and federal pandemic recovery spending plans and the MMA Annual Meeting.
Here are a few highlights:
• House passes $3.82B ARPA and state surplus spending plan
• Anthony Everett to be Annual Meeting’s Friday night speaker
• Registrations pour in for in-person MMA Annual Meeting & Trade Show
• Talks continue on 2 major infrastructure bills before Congress
• New law changes redistricting sequence, Legislature enacts new maps
• State’s new Solid Waste Master Plan emphasizes waste reduction
• MassDEP drafts rules for public notification of sewage overflows
• MassCyberCenter releases free online training for cities and towns
• EPA announces national strategy to confront PFAS pollution
Plus the latest updates about fall member group meetings!
• Link to the November 2021 issue of The Beacon (33 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA has been publishing The Beacon as a PDF to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.
The digital format also means that we can continue this valuable member service uninterrupted, when many are still working remotely. The MMA published the first-ever PDF Beacon in April 2020.