Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
Several newly elected members of the Legislature will bring local government experience to Beacon Hill when they are sworn in on Jan. 2.
New legislators elected on Nov. 6 with local government backgrounds include the following:
• Dan Carey, Easthampton city councillor, elected to the House, 2nd Hampshire District
• Richard Haggerty, Woburn City Council president, elected to the House, 30th Middlesex District
• Edward Kennedy, Lowell city councillor and former mayor, elected to the Senate, 1st Middlesex District
• Kathy LaNatra, Kingston selectman, elected to the House, 12th Plymouth District
• Norman Orrall, Lakeville town moderator and Finance Committee member, elected to the House, 12th Bristol District
• Mike Soter, Bellingham Board of Selectmen chair, elected to the House, 8th Worcester District