Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA is now accepting nominations for its annual municipal website awards, which will be presented during the MMA Annual Meeting in January 2023.
The awards recognize excellence in customer service, functionality, convenience and government transparency delivered by a municipal website.
To enter the contest, chief municipal officials may simply fill out a short online nomination form. The entry deadline is Monday, Oct. 31.
The awards recognize the best municipal websites in four population categories: under 5,000; 5,001-12,000; 12,001-25,000; and 25,000-plus. One winner is selected for each category.
Judges evaluate municipal websites based on the following criteria:
• Current and timely information
• Intuitive navigation tools and organization of material
• Ease of access to resources for residents, such as the ability to apply for licenses and permits, pay bills, order documents, and make suggestions
• Use of social media and tools for online community engagement (including the use of an events calendar)
• Availability of public records
• Clear branding as the official municipal government site
• Robust search function
• Mobile-responsive design
• Details about municipal departments
• Visual appeal and overall experience
For more information, contact Daniel Yi at email@example.com.