Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
Registration, Networking and Coffee
Annual Business Meeting and Association Welcome
The membership will approve the budget, the nominating slate for the board of directors, and the program plan for FY18.
• Mary Beth Bernard, SPHR, Asst. Town Manager, Foxborough, MMPA Chair
• Richard Tranfaglia, Human Resources Director, Natick, MMPA Treasurer
• Marianne Fleckner, Human Resources Director, Acton, MMPA Benchmark Chair
• Jane Sakiewicz, Personnel Director, Westfield, MMPA Outreach Committee Chair
• Vanessa Hale, Asst. Town Admin., Southborough, MMPA Program Chair
Respect in the Workplace & Dealing with Difficult People
Each of us would like to be thought of as an employee who positively contributes not only to the bottom dollar, but to the overall workplace culture. This seminar will focus on respectful communication: the things we can do to create and perpetuate a respectful work environment. We will also examine behaviors that detract from the desired workplace.
• Cally Ritter, LICSW, Development Consultant, AllOne Health
Workplace Civility Panel Presentation
Round table discussion with former elected officials who will offer tips on managing relationships with municipal staff and elected officials in challenging times.
• Bernard Lynch, Principal at Community Paradigm Associates, LLC., Former City Manager
• Lisa Mead, Attorney, Former Mayor of Newburyport
• John Rooney, III, Attorney, Former Southborough Selectman
• Nick Downing, MMA Senior Legislative Analyst
The registration fee is $40 for members, $55 for non-members. Registration deadline is Friday, June 9 and cancellation deadline is Monday, June 12.
Mt. Hood, Melrose
MMA Member Services Coordinator Devon Elizabeth Williams
Massachusetts Municipal Personnel Association