Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
On May 19, the House passed a nearly $5 billion, five-year general government bond bill that includes funding for a range of municipal grant programs.
The bill (H. 4807) includes the following funding proposals:
• $100 million for municipal grants to support a range of local infrastructure improvements and projects
• $64 million to support the Massachusetts State Revolving Fund, specifically for state matching funds required to secure federal dollars for the fund, which helps cities and towns improve water supply infrastructure and drinking water safety
• $60 million for the Housing Stabilization Fund, which provides funding for municipalities, nonprofits, for-profit developers and local housing authorities in support of affordable rental housing production and rehabilitation
• $50 million for the Cultural Facilities Fund to provide grants for planning, acquisition, rehabilitation and construction of cultural facilities, administered through Massachusetts Cultural Council and MassDevelopment
• $30 million for the Community Compact IT competitive grant program for innovative technology initiatives at the local level
• $25 million for Housing Choice grants to municipalities that receive a Housing Choice designation through high housing production and/or the demonstration of best practices
The bill is currently in the Senate Committee on Ways and Means.