|Massachusetts Municipal Personnel Association
One Winthrop Square, Boston, MA 02110
Phone: (617) 426-7272 Fax: (617) 695-1314
The Massachusetts Municipal Personnel Association (MMPA), established in 1956, is committed to maintaining a standard of excellence in the field of municipal personnel administration. The MMPA provides professional guidance to more than 200 cities and towns throughout Massachusetts. Areas of expertise include municipal compensation and benefits; Chapter 31 procedures (Civil Service legislation); collective bargaining; affirmative action; and training.
The purpose of the MMPA is:
• To establish and maintain a standard of excellence in the field of municipal personnel administration
• To gather, circulate and exchange knowledge and information and to act as a resource center
• To improve, promote and arrange for the mutual cooperation of municipal personnel officers and agencies in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• To act as a legislative advocate for municipal personnel officers and municipal personnel agencies.
• MMPA bylaws (as amended December 2016 - 140K PDF)
• MMPA Listserv Protocol, developed February 2014 (96K PDF)
• Access the MMPA Web-based Compensation Survey System
• Download MMPA Web-Based Compensation Survey System User Guide (1.6M PDF)
Welcome, Personnel Administrators!
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out our Member Exchange, a password-protected forum where local officials can pose questions, offer advice and share ideas. The forum’s “subscribe” feature allows you to receive an e-mail when someone adds to the discussion(s) of your choice.
Here are some other popular features on the MMA Web site:
- The Labor and Personnel area of the Resource Library: documents about employee benefits, insurance, management, and more
- Community Corner: stories about what's happening in other cities and towns, including Mass Innovations stories from The Beacon
- Letters to State Leaders: MMA letters and testimony advocating for the interests of local government on key issues
- Municipal Marketplace: Vendors who specialize in municipal products and services, municipal job ads, and RFPs
For more information about the Massachusetts Municipal Personnel Association, contact Member Services Coordinator Devon Elizabeth Williams at the MMA.
For information about upcoming meetings, see the MMA Events calendar.