Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
Representatives from the Executive Office for Administration and Finance, the Division of Local Services, and the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency participated in a webinar today to give an overview of the Commonwealth’s CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund – Municipal Program, specifically regarding today’s opening of the Round 2 application period.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts created the program to distribute up to $502 million to municipalities to address unanticipated costs incurred as a result of the public health emergency caused by COVID-19. These funds have been made available on a per capita basis to each municipality in the Commonwealth.
Round 1 of the program opened on May 15 and closed on June 12. That round distributed approximately $96 million to 258 cities and towns. Round 2 opens today and applications will be accepted until Oct. 30.
Panelists on the webinar, convened by the MMA, were:
• Heath Fahle, special director for federal funds at the Executive Office for Administration and Finance
• Sean Cronin, senior deputy commissioner at DLS
• Thad Leugemors, assistant director for mitigation and recovery at MEMA
• Guidance for Massachusetts municipalities on accessing funds from the Coronavirus Relief Fund, Sept. 30
• Answers to CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund – Municipal Program (CvRF-MP) Round 2 Webinar Questions, supplied on Oct. 6 (595K PDF)
• CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund – Municipal Program Round 2 Guidance presentation (244K PDF)