Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today hosted a Zoom webinar featuring officials from the National League of Cities and the Baker-Polito administration to present information on allowable uses of American Recovery Plan Act funds for municipalities.
Presentation topics included the following:
• Allocation information for the 38 “Metropolitan Cities” in Massachusetts, as well as information for “non-entitlement” communities
• Timing and mechanisms for accessing funds
• Eligible expenses, with a focus on flexibility in the Treasury guidance
• Prohibited expenditures
• Reporting requirements and compliance issues
The featured speakers were Irma Esparza Diggs, senior executive and director of Federal Advocacy for the National League of Cities, and Heath Fahle, special director for federal funds at the Executive Office for Administration and Finance. Also participating was Sean Cronin, senior deputy commissioner at the Division of Local Services.
The NLC partners with the MMA to support municipalities in bringing critical federal resources to Massachusetts residents and communities and to leverage the funds for maximum impact. Learn more at nlc.org/stateleague.
• American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 Guidance Briefing – Federal Funds Office, Executive Office for Administration and Finance (350K PDF)
• ARPA: Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund Guidance Update – National League of Cities (2M PDF)