Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the February 2022 issue of The Beacon, which includes news from the MMA Annual Meeting and important updates about the state budget and federal programs.
Here are a few highlights:
• Baker’s FY23 state budget would boost UGGA by just 2.7%
• Mayor Fuller is new MMA president; Jill Hai is VP
• Treasury increases flexibility for municipal use of ARPA funds
• 4-week workshop series kicks off with fiscal, engagement, workforce topics
• Baker files $200M Chapter 90 bill, no increase for FY23
• Senate passes $75M COVID bill with pandemic-related provisions
• DHCD webinar reviews draft multifamily zoning guidelines for MBTA communities
• Community One Stop for Growth application period opens
• New Shared Streets and Spaces grant round focuses on speed management
• Link to the February 2022 issue of The Beacon (37 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA has been publishing The Beacon as a PDF to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.
The digital format also means that we can continue this valuable member service uninterrupted. The MMA published the first-ever PDF Beacon in April 2020.