Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the February 2024 issue of The Beacon, which includes complete coverage of the MMA Annual Meeting & Trade Show and the latest news affecting local government on topics including the state budget and fiscal issues, grant opportunities, and upcoming MMA meetings and webinars.
Here are some highlights:
• Gov. Healey files FY25 state budget proposal
• John McLaughlin is new MMA president; Jamie Hellen is VP
• 1,300-plus celebrate MMA Annual Meeting & Trade Show
• Gov. Healey files Municipal Empowerment Act
• Gov. Healey, Lt. Gov. Driscoll address Opening Session
• Everyone belongs at the table, Eddie Glaude Jr. tells leaders
• Gov. files 2-year Ch. 90 bill, plans additional road aid through budget
• Climate Chief Melissa Hoffer reflects on career, biases and challenges
• Municipal leaders honor legislators Spilka, Mariano at Annual Meeting
• Gina McCarthy urges leaders to seize on climate opportunities
• Link to the February 2024 issue of The Beacon (39 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA publishes The Beacon digitally to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.