Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the February 2023 issue of The Beacon, which includes the latest news affecting local government, plus details about upcoming MMA meetings and webinars, and coverage from the MMA Annual Meeting & Trade Show.
Here are some highlights:
• State budget writers announce consensus revenue growth forecast of 1.6% for FY24
• Jill Hai is new MMA president; John McLaughlin is VP
• MMA’s Geoff Beckwith to retire in September
• 1,200 celebrate return to in-person MMA Annual Meeting
• At MMA conference, Gov. Healey stresses commitments to local aid, education, housing
• NLC, ICMA leaders discuss DEI at Annual Meeting’s Closing Session
• MMA launches Mass Municipal Data Hub
• Lt. Gov. Driscoll reflects on journey from local to state elected office
• Two-year Ch. 90 bill referred to Transportation Committee
• Congress adds flexibility for municipal ARPA spending
• Link to the February 2023 issue of The Beacon (37 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA publishes The Beacon digitally to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.