Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the June 2022 issue of The Beacon, which includes important updates about the state budget, federal programs, and upcoming member group meetings.
Here are some highlights:
• Senate OK’s $49.7B state budget bill for FY23
• Senate includes remote meeting extension in state budget bill
• Administration files $1.7B FY22 supplemental budget
• Supplemental budget bill proposes municipal finance rule changes
• Local officials testify in support of FORWARD bill
• House passes expansive cannabis bill
• MMA testifies in support of MassTRAC package
• AG Healey sues manufacturers of ‘forever’ chemicals
• Civil service legislative panel issues report
• Chapter 90 bill remains in Senate Ways and Means Committee
• Link to the June 2022 issue of The Beacon (31 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA publishes The Beacon digitally to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.