Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the March 2023 issue of The Beacon, which includes the latest news affecting local government, including fiscal 2024 state budget updates, plus details about upcoming MMA meetings and webinars.
Here are some highlights:
• Gov. Healey files FY2024 budget proposal
• House OK’s budget bill with pandemic extensions
• MMA to hold Legislative Breakfast Meetings in March
• Housing task force files report
• MassHousing offers Planning for Housing Production grants
• MMA webinar offers strategies for facilitating municipal meetings
• MMA to host ‘Reframing Recruitment’ webinar series
• Local Technical Assistance Program to host grant writing webinar March 9
• Community One Stop for Growth accepting Expressions Of Interest
• ‘Nero’s Law’ training deadline extended by a year
• Link to the March 2023 issue of The Beacon (27 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA publishes The Beacon digitally to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.