Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the May 2022 issue of The Beacon, which includes important updates about the state budget, federal programs, and upcoming member group meetings.
Here are some highlights:
• House approves nearly $50B state budget for FY23
• $3.5B economic development bill includes local investments
• Transportation Committee extends review of MassTRAC bill
• Chapter 90 bill awaits Senate review
• Rules, apportionments available for winter road program
• PFAS task force recommends policy framework to address health, environment
• ARPA audit simplified for non-entitlement units of government
• Senate OK’s $250M climate bill aimed at greenhouse gas reductions
• Senate passes wide-ranging cannabis bill
• Safe Streets and Roads for All grant program prepares for launch
• Disaster Declaration ensures federal assistance for January storm
• Link to the May 2022 issue of The Beacon (30 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA publishes The Beacon digitally to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.