Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the November 2022 issue of The Beacon, which includes the latest news affecting local government, plus details about upcoming MMA meetings, both remote and in-person.
Here are some highlights:
• State officials review migrant shelter emergency with local leaders
• Agreement reached on economic development, supplemental budget
• MMA Annual Meeting planning continues
• Auditor’s report highlights importance of full funding of mandates
• MMA holds 6 Legislative Breakfast Meetings
• MMA seeks input on roadway needs through Chapter 90 Funding Survey
• Anthony and Ott to be closing speakers at MMA Annual Meeting
• DHCD makes revisions to final guidelines for MBTA communities
• Administration announces Local Finance Commonwealth Fellowship program
• EOTSS announces 4th offering of Municipal Cybersecurity Awareness Grant Program
• Cybersecurity summit highlights tools, resources for municipalities
• Link to the November 2022 issue of The Beacon (34 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA publishes The Beacon digitally to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.