Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the October issue of The Beacon, which includes important updates about federal recovery funds and the state budget.
Here are some highlights:
• MMA opens Annual Meeting registration
• Treasury pushes back ARPA reporting deadlines
• State officials explain ARPA reporting requirements for NEUs
• Governor signs COVID-19-related paid sick leave extension
• Massachusetts Municipal Cybersecurity Summit set for Oct. 7
• Legislature mulls spending of state’s ARPA funds
• ‘Future of work’ expert Termuende to deliver Annual Meeting keynote
• Jane Swift to speak at WEMO Leadership Luncheon
• NLC’s Clarence Anthony is closing speaker at Annual Meeting
Plus the latest updates about all the fall member group meetings, and much more!
• Link to the October 2021 issue of The Beacon (30 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA has been publishing The Beacon as a PDF to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.
The digital format also means that we can continue this valuable member service uninterrupted, when many are still working remotely. The MMA published the first-ever PDF Beacon in April 2020.