Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the September issue of The Beacon, which includes important updates about a number of federal aid funds and the state budget.
Here are some topic highlights:
• Governor proposes year-end supplemental budget
• An important update about the 2022 MMA Annual Meeting & Trade Show
• How to spend ARPA funds with an equity lens
• Census data show differing trends for cities and suburbs, while concerns remain about data quality
• State agencies to update environmental justice protocols
• Massachusetts Municipal Cybersecurity Summit set for Oct. 7
• Report highlights leading clean energy communities
• MassDOT releases new Chapter 90 informational resources
• Mass. communities join Cities Race to Zero climate campaign
• And much more
• Link to the September 2021 issue of The Beacon (33 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA has been publishing The Beacon as a PDF to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.
The digital format also means that we can continue this valuable member service uninterrupted, when many are still working remotely. The MMA published the first-ever PDF Beacon in April 2020.