Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the Summer 2022 issue of The Beacon, which includes important updates about the state budget, federal programs, and upcoming member group meetings.
Here are some highlights:
• Legislature OK’s FY23 budget with key investments in municipal and school aid
• Remote meeting extension for local boards signed into law
• House passes $3.8B economic development bill
• Governor signs voting and election reform bill
• Senate OK’s $10.8B infrastructure bond bill
• Committee considers $5B bond bill with funding for local projects
• EPA releases new health advisories on 4 PFAS chemicals
• Gov. signs $200M Ch. 90 bill, with additional $150M for municipal grants
• MassDEP opens State Revolving Fund applications for water projects
• DOER’s draft building energy code updates include net-zero option
• Link to the Summer 2022 issue of The Beacon (38 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA publishes The Beacon digitally to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.