Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the Summer issue of The Beacon, which includes important updates about a number of federal aid funds and the state budget.
Here are some topic highlights:
• American Rescue Plan Act FAQs and compliance guidance
• Fiscal 2022 state budget
• Chapter 90 law
• Legislation to extend certain election special allowances
• Special rules for approving voting districts
• Municipal PFAS webinar
• Shared Streets and Spaces grants
• Details about upcoming MMA member group meetings (both remote and in-person)
• And much more
• Link to the Summer 2021 issue of The Beacon (37 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA has been publishing The Beacon as a PDF to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.
The digital format also means that we can continue this valuable member service uninterrupted, when many are still working remotely. The MMA published the first-ever PDF Beacon in April 2020.