Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The Massachusetts Moderators Association will hold a free workshop for newly elected moderators on June 7, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., via Zoom.
The agenda includes presentations by seasoned Massachusetts moderators, with opportunities for questions and comments from the participants.
Topics include the following:
• Introduction and overview of Massachusetts Moderators Association resources available to member moderators, moderated by Mark DiSalvo of North Andover (open town meeting)
• Town Meeting Best Practices, led by Alan Wilson of Manchester-by-the-Sea (open town meeting)
• Moderator’s Authority and Responsibilities, led by Wayne Davis of Carlisle (open town meeting)
• All Things Town Meeting, led by Deborah Brown of Lexington (representative town meeting)
In addition, materials will include:
• A Short Guide to Town Meeting
• Manual for Moderators
• Moderators Comments: A Collection
• Town Meeting Rules
To attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Zoom link.
The first year of membership in the Massachusetts Moderators Association is free.