Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today hosted a Zoom webinar with state officials to provide updates on the range of federal relief funds for municipalities and school districts.
The presentation, “Tracking Federal Relief Funds to Municipalities and School Districts,” covered the following:
• Federal relief funds to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic for municipalities and school districts
• Amounts that have been received to date
• Eligible expenses, changes to formulas, and deadlines
• The status of the proposed American Rescue Plan stimulus bill
The featured speaker was Heath Fahle, special director for federal funds at the Executive Office for Administration and Finance.
Also participating in the webinar were Sean Cronin, senior deputy commissioner at the Division of Local Services, and Bill Bell, associate commissioner/chief financial officer at the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
• Federal COVID relief funds in local government: overview and observations (850K PDF)
• Q&A from Federal Funds webinar – March 4 (70K PDF)