Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
Local officials will be able to talk about the important issues facing cities and towns with MMA staff, representatives from MMA member groups, and a representative from the National League of Cities at the MMA booth during the 2019 Annual Meeting & Trade Show on Jan. 18 and 19.
Visitors can also participate in the MMA’s new “Why I Serve” project, which asks local officials to share why they do the work they do in local government.
MMA Legislative Division staff will be available throughout the Trade Show to discuss a variety of policy issues and the MMA’s policy committees, best practices, resolutions, legislation for next session, and other priorities.
Also available at the booth will be information about MMA programs and events, such as the spring Legislative Breakfast Meetings, and member group information.
Details about the 2019-2020 MMA-Suffolk University Certificate in Local Government Leadership and Management Program and the new MMA-Suffolk Municipal Finance Management Seminar will also be available.
Here’s what you can find:
Friday, January 18
• 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Q&A with MMA staff and policy committee chairs about the two resolutions before the MMA Annual Business Meeting
• 11 a.m.-1.pm.: Timothy Evans, Northeast Mid-Atlantic Region Program Manager of Member Services and Engagement at the National League of Cities, will be available to answer questions about NLC membership
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Meet and greet with Board members from the Massachusetts Municipal Personnel Association
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Meet and greet with Board members from the Small Town Administrators of Massachusetts
• Noon-2 p.m.: Talk with Mike Lynch, President of the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (NATOA) and Director of Broadband & Cable for the city of Boston.
• 1-5 p.m.: MMA staff available to answer questions about policy committees and Best Practices series
Saturday, January 19
• 10 a.m.-noon: Timothy Evans, Northeast Mid-Atlantic Region Program Manager of Member Services and Engagement at the National League of Cities, will be available to answer questions about NLC membership
• Noon-2 p.m.: MMA staff available to answer questions about the Spring Legislative Breakfast Meetings