Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
Reading, Mansfield, Weston and Avon won the MMA’s annual municipal website awards, which were announced during the MMA Annual Meeting on Jan. 20.
The awards recognize excellence in customer service, functionality, convenience and government transparency delivered by a municipal website in Massachusetts.
Awards are given in four population categories:
Over 25,000: Reading — www.readingma.gov
12,000 to 25,000: Mansfield — www.mansfieldma.com
5,000 to 12,000: Weston — www.weston.org
Under 5,000: Avon — www.avon-ma.gov
This year’s contest judge was Brianna Sunryd, director of communications and civic innovation for the town of Amherst.
Municipal websites are evaluated using the following criteria:
• Current and timely information
• Use of social media and tools for online community engagement (including an events calendar)
• Intuitive navigation tools and organization of material
• Ease of access to resources for residents, such as the ability to apply for licenses and permits, pay bills, order documents and make suggestions
• Availability of public records
• Clear branding as the official municipal government site
• Robust search function
• Mobile-responsive design
• Details about municipal departments
• Visual appeal and overall experience