Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the December issue of The Beacon, which includes important updates about state and federal spending plans and the MMA Annual Meeting.
Here are a few highlights:
• House, Senate leaders announce ARPA/surplus accord
• State tax collections continue to exceed expectations
• Annual Meeting to feature 18 timely workshops
• DHCD to release guidelines for multifamily zoning for MBTA communities
• Applications sought for Municipal Cybersecurity Awareness Grant Program
• U.S. House passes Build Back Better infrastructure bill
• President signs $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill
• MMA to present fiscal policy resolution at business meeting
• New report examines climate resilience of Massachusetts municipalities
Plus the latest updates about upcoming member group meetings!
• Link to the December 2021 issue of The Beacon (31 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA has been publishing The Beacon as a PDF to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.
The digital format also means that we can continue this valuable member service uninterrupted, when many are still working remotely. The MMA published the first-ever PDF Beacon in April 2020.