Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
During the COVID-19 emergency, timely and reliable information is more important than ever, and the facts are changing by the minute. With this in mind, the MMA is publishing the February issue of The Beacon as a PDF, to ensure that we get the very latest information to members ASAP.
Going to a digital format also means that we can continue this valuable service uninterrupted during this emergency period. The first-ever PDF Beacon was published in April 2020.
This issue includes complete coverage of the MMA Annual Meeting & Trade Show, including a wrap-up, keynote speakers, the WEMO Symposium, visits by Gov. Charlie Baker and Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito, the new MMA Board and more.
Here are some other topic highlights in the February issue:
• New Community One Stop for Growth
• Governor’s FY22 state budget proposal
• An interview with Dr. Anthony Fauci
• Municipal CEO briefing with the administration
• Climate change bill
• Economic development package
• Member group meetings
• And much more
• Link to the February 2021 issue of The Beacon (1.6M PDF)
Previous online issues:
• January 2021 issue of The Beacon (1.8M PDF)
• December 2020 issue of The Beacon (2M PDF)
• November 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.7M PDF)
• October 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.4M PDF)
• September 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.4M PDF)
• Summer 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.6M PDF)
• June 2020 issue of The Beacon (834K PDF)
• May 2020 issue of The Beacon (834K PDF)
• April 2020 issue of The Beacon (859K PDF)