Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
The MMA today published the March 2022 issue of The Beacon, which includes important updates about the state budget and federal programs, as well as upcoming member group meetings.
Here are some highlights:
• Local aid hearing set for March 15, UGGA remains top MMA priority
• Gov. Baker files supplemental budget with funds for Ch. 90, winter road repair, MVP
• MMA to hold 5 virtual Legislative Briefings in March
• Recordings of 12 Muni Workshop Webinar sessions available on MMA website
• MMA continues advocacy for election reforms without unfunded mandates
• Gov. Baker signs COVID bill with public meeting provisions
• Administration announces plan for pandemic premium pay for low-income workers
• Auditor Bump to speak at WEMO spring symposium April 2
• White House releases details on Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
• Federal cybersecurity agency offers range of services to cities, towns
• State updating building code to include net-zero option
• Link to the March 2022 issue of The Beacon (31 pages)
Timely and reliable information is essential to municipal leaders, and the facts are changing quickly. With this in mind, the MMA has been publishing The Beacon as a PDF to ensure that we get the very latest information to members as quickly as possible.
The digital format also means that we can continue this valuable member service uninterrupted. The MMA published the first-ever PDF Beacon in April 2020.