Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
During the COVID-19 emergency, timely and reliable information is more important than ever, and the facts are changing by the minute. With this in mind, the MMA is publishing the March issue of The Beacon as a PDF, to ensure that we get the very latest information to members ASAP.
The digital format also means that we can continue this valuable service uninterrupted during this emergency period. The first-ever PDF Beacon was published in April 2020.
This issue includes important updates about the COVID vaccine program and a number of federal emergency aid funds.
Here are some topic highlights:
• House OK’s American Rescue Plan, sends to Senate
• Officials push for in-person learning
• Administration holds municipal CEO briefing
• Talks continue on climate change bill
• MMA provides input to Health Equity Task Force
• Comments sought on 10-year emissions reduction plan
• PFAS continue to be a concern in 2021
• MMA Board approves policy committees for 2021
• And much more
• Link to the March 2021 issue of The Beacon (1.2M PDF)
Previous online issues:
• February 2021 issue of The Beacon (1.6M PDF)
• January 2021 issue of The Beacon (1.8M PDF)
• December 2020 issue of The Beacon (2M PDF)
• November 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.7M PDF)
• October 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.4M PDF)
• September 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.4M PDF)
• Summer 2020 issue of The Beacon (1.6M PDF)
• June 2020 issue of The Beacon (834K PDF)
• May 2020 issue of The Beacon (834K PDF)
• April 2020 issue of The Beacon (859K PDF)